Meet Dr. Thomas Strub
Dr. Tom Strub is a local boy who graduated from Cedar Falls High School in 1974. Upon graduation, he attended the University of Iowa and earned his BS degree in 1978 and his DDS degree from the University of Iowa School of Dentistry in 1981. Immediately after graduation he established his solo, fee-for-service dental practice in Albert Lea, Minnesota. Always an Iowa boy at heart, he decided to move back home in 1996 and take over the dental practice he grew up in from his mentor, Dr. Jim McCutcheon.
Tom has a passion for mission work and has volunteered on 15 different dental mission trips to Honduras, Panama, the Himalayan Mountains in India and a mission trip with Habitat for Humanity in Jamaica. Tom has also been involved in local mission work including the Iowa Mission of Mercy in Waterloo, Give Kids a Smile, and has participated in the Donated Dental Services Program.
Tom is quite involved in the community and currently serves on the Sartori Hospital Board of Directors, the Sartori Hospital Foundation Board, the Cedar Falls Community Theater Board of Directors, the Cedar Falls Rotary Club and is actively involved on the Board of Elders at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church.
Tom married his wife, Char, in 1981. Char is a Physical Therapist/Certified Athletic Trainer and works for Cedar Valley Medical Specialists.
When Tom is not helping change lives in the dental office, he enjoys continuing education courses, traveling to unusual locations, hiking, biking, jogging, hunting, fishing, cross country skiing, photography, family time and following UNI and Iowa athletics.
Member of the Following Dental Organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Iowa Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association – Past Chairman of the Star Of The North State Dental meetings – Scientific Sessions Committee
- Minnesota Academy of Comprehensive Dentistry -Past president
- L.D. Pankey Institute Alumni
- RPO Study Club – Emphasis on Clenching Disorders, Reconstructive, Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Waterloo District Dental Society
- Black Hawk County Dental Study Club
- 75-150 hours spent annually on continuing education – Many which are one-on-one, hands on training with peers and top national educators
- Active subscriber to Clinical Research Associates and Reality – Both aggressively evaluate new techniques, technology and materials independent from Manufacturers
Focus Areas of Study
- Aesthetic Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
- Implant Dentistry
- Clenching and Grinding (Bruxism) Disorders
- Bite Problems and Temporal Mandibular Disorders
- Periodontal (Gum and Bone) Disorders
- Emerging Technology and Dental Materials
- Dental Practice Management
Contact Dr. Thomas J. Strub for More Information
Please contact Dr. Thomas J. Strub for more information, or to schedule an appointment. We will be happy to speak with you and answer any questions you may have.